Monday, April 8, 2013

& I'm back

What a fun season this has been. 

I moved to NC last fall for an amazing job that I love, which I have said before. But I feel like it has been awhile & a little update never hurt anyone. 

right? right. 

I spent Christmas in India, a place that captured my heart nearly 10 years ago. Except this time, I had the opportunity to bring 19 others with me and see their lives forever changed too. More recently, I went to South America & was able to visit Brazil with a few friends for the first time. It was one of those life changing weeks as well and I don't say that lightly. 

Can you ever max out on those kinds of moments? I sure hope not. 

This season has also been full of adventures, near and far, with some harder moments in there too. Establishing a new community takes time and I have been reminded of that often.  

You have to invest & be patient. Not longing for what you left, but encouraged in what you are gaining. 

Easier said than done for sure.

But the Lord really is so sweet to me. And my joy comes from resting in that & knowing how much he cares for me. 

"And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you,even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?" - Matt. 6:29-30

meg

No comments:

Post a Comment